torsdag den 22. september 2016

Chickens, Brazil and Future. Wait what?


As UWC pretty much is the foundation of everything happening in my life today, 
I'd say that the experience continues. 
Therefore, this blog continues. 

Yayy!


The sun is shining, the coffee good, and I’m sitting on a mosquito net.

Where am I?

I have just had “study hour” where we discussed anthropology and created different kinds of beautiful (let’s believe so) mugs and bowls. I spent my morning cooking rice and beans and cleaning the kitchen floor, and before that I ate rice porridge and did euritmia.

Yes you’re right.

This is a story about my adventures in Brazil.

“Wait what Katrine, I thought you were in India?!” 
Yes. That was the plan. 

But if you as me like to plan everything several months ahead, you do as me learn, that then plans tend to change. And so they did. And here I am. 
Taking care of three dogs, two cats, seven chickens, banana plants, rice husks, corn seeds and bulgas (flees oh my dear friends, those are not my friends… at all).


In August I wrote Ulrikke that I was without a future (plan), and after providing me with several lists of why Brazil was the only right choice for my future, I took a spontaneous decision (compared to my standard planning of anything) and booked a ticket for Porto Alegre.

The flight that should have brought me overseas was cancelled on my day of departure, and yes, it was quite a stressed Katrine who went into the train that would take her to the airport. Here she would fight for her rights and cry if it all went wrong. She needed a new plane to Brazil.
I managed to (for the first time of my life) reach a destination south of Greece and yay, it’s good.

So. Woot woot where am I now and what is going on?

Ulrikke and I are volunteering on a biodynamic farm in south Brazil. We are staying with a Swiss man who has moved to Brazil, and his kids. This morning we were six volunteers (2 from France, 1 from Italy, 1 from Brazil and the two of us) and as the French have continued their journey we’re down to four. We do not just work in a garden or watch the animals. We are fully engaged in the family, and eat, cook, play, clean, chill, talk, drink coffee and say good night and share good laughs. 

It’s beautiful.

-------------------------------------------------

If you have ever seen me around any type of animal what so ever (except from spiders, for some reason I can handle those) you’ll know, that I’m not the most comfortable person around animals that you can find (I’m probably the most uncomfortable in the entire Denmark). Due to this, it was a surprise to all (and especially to Ulrikke who laughed for a week) that I chose to take the animal care of the farm in my own hands, and I’m telling you, I’m developing great skills. My favourite thing is cleaning in the chicken house, its so calm and the sounds of the chickens remind me of one of my favourite movies from when I was a kid (I guess there were some chickens involved..)

If you have read this far you’re good. You have reached the part about my future. 
“Whaat Katrine – you have decided on anything about your future?!?” 
No, no worries, I’m still same old too confused me. 
But. I do know a month ahead. And then again. I do know, that Ulrikke and I will aim for going to Uruguay next week, and afterwards to Argentina. We hope to visit some RCN contacts and to volunteer in Patagonia.

We are alive and look exactly as always. Woolen socks and woolen sweaters. 

Many wishes and all good.

Katrine




1 kommentar:

  1. Katrinneeee!! I miss you and I love your blog!! Keep having adventures (and tell them to us!) Lots of love from The Netherlands!

    SvarSlet